New CLE Submission Process
Recently a new membership portal was launched and you are able to go to the Approved Course Certification Form, click on the type of CLE course, then choose a Presumptively Approved Provider. Once you Choose a provider a search box displays and you are able to search the list of accredited courses. After you find your course you can add the amount of hours that you took part in and then attest to the submission.
If you attended a course from a provider that is not presumptively accredited or individually approved then you will need to go to the “Attorney Application for Individual Course Approval” form and submit all of your information. To complete the submission you must pay the $20 administrative fee.
If your course provider is listed as an “Individual Course Provider” check with the Individual Approved Course List to confirm that your course has been pre-approved.
Resources for Attorneys
- Approved Course Certification Form – Submit Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits for courses taken from presumptively accredited providers approved by the West Virginia Bar. (Paper Approved Course Certification Form (Subject to 10$ filing fee))
- Attorney Application for Individual Course Approval – Submit MCLE credits for courses taken from non-presumptivly accredited providers or a course not pre-approved by the West Virginia State Bar.
- Request for Publication Credit
- Request for Teaching Credit
- List of CLE Providers
- View your CLE Transcript
Resources for CLE Providers
- Become a Presumptive Accredited Sponsor
- Individual Sponsor Course Approval Application (PDF)
- All individual course approvals should be submitted at least 30 days prior to the scheduled date of the seminar with a $50 processing fee. If the application is not submitted at least 30 days prior, the application processing fee is doubled to $100.
- Sponsor Course Approval Application Late Fee Effective in 2015
- Rules & Regulations