While elections for Districts 1 through 5 are scheduled to take place in 2016, the new voting system should be reviewed by all attorneys. A test of the new electronic voting system can be accessed by clicking here. Questions on the operation of the voting system should be directed to Mike Mellace at email@example.com. Other questions should be directed to the Elections Committee via Anita R. Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WV State Bar Sponsored Video Competition: subject, The Significance of the Magna Carta on its 800th anniversary.
CHARLESTON, WV, October 22, 2015: The West Virginia State Bar announced today that it is again sponsoring a video competition. The competition is open to every West Virginia middle school and high school student. The topic of the competition this year is: The Magna Carta: What It Means Today.
Videos may be no longer than three (3) minutes. Students will use DropBox to upload their videos on Friday afternoon, January 29, 2016.
Students must apply to become contestants, with written parental permission, by Tuesday, December 15, 2015. Applications may be made by letter sent to Video Contest, West Virginia State Bar, 2000 Deitrick Blvd., Charleston, WV 25311. The letter should be signed by a parent and specifically confirm the student’s permission to participate. Students are encouraged to notify their teachers if they desire to participate.
Anyone with questions may contact Co-chair Attorney Burton Hunter at email@example.com.
There will be prizes for 14 of the competitors:
- Each high school and middle school top scorer will receive $500 and a night stay, for one child and one parent, at The Greenbrier on April 3, during the State Bar Annual Meeting. The student and his/her parent will be guests at the annual banquet where the winning video will be shown.
- Each high school and middle school second place scorer will receive $250.
- The 3rd through 7th finishers in each division, a total of ten students, will each receive a $25 Amazon gift card.
- All competitors will receive a certificate of appreciation and accomplishment.
Students are encouraged to do the work themselves in researching, planning, and producing their videos. They are encouraged to demonstrate flair, production quality, creativity, and accuracy. They will be informed of the five criteria the judges will follow. A large panel of well qualified judges has been assembled.
Submissions for 2016 will be accepted through February 8, 2016.
For more information, contact J. Burton Hunter with the West Virginia State Bar at 304-472-7477 firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to enter:
- Read and agree to the contest rules.
- Make a video!
- Upload your video to Dropbox and make it a public link accessible to everyone. For more information about creating public links on Dropbox, read their help page: How do I link to files in my Dropbox?.
- Submit the contest entry and parental permission form.
Winning videos will be uploaded to YouTube and will be found on the West Virginia State Bar Video Contest Web page at a later date. You can view previous winning submissions by visiting http://www.youtube.com/user/wveducation.
Introducing Best Buy for Business
Substantial savings from one of the nation’s top consumer electronics companies.
Members can get great pricing on over 150,000 brand-name products from Best Buy for Business. NPP’s contract with Best Buy gives you top-tier pricing on the latest energy-saving appliances, Air Conditioning units, Audio/Visual products, computers, surveillance systems and more.
Best Buy For Business offers:
- Multi-location shipping and local store pickup, returns and exchanges
- Technical support from Geek Squad
- Best Buy delivery and local installation services
- Flexible payment options like Net-30 invoicing, purchase orders and leasing
- Volume ordering on products and Best Buy gift cards
To learn more about Best Buy for Business and how it can help your business, visit the NPP website at www.mynpp.com. Once at the site, log in and visit the Best Buy for Business page.
If you’re not already an NPP member, signing up is free and easy with no obligation to purchase. Go to www.mynpp.com and click “Join Now” to see the wide variety of discounts that NPP has available to you.
If you have any questions, feel free to call or email:
National Purchasing Partners